If you need to submit a support request because you are experiencing any issues within the game and you don't know how to get the tech files required to do so, check the following instructions.
How to take a screenshot to show the performance icons
If you want to show the performance indicators to the support team (the icons down below that will appear on the top right corner while you are running around Prague) there are several ways you can do this.
- Use Windows' Snipping Tool or a similar application.
- Take a screenshot with Steam's screenshot option. Just press F12 while in-game, then in your Steam library select Bloodhunt, and on the right side under the achievements you can manage your pictures taken inside the game.
- If your keyboard has a Print Screen (Prt Scr) key, press it to take a screenshot. It will be saved in the clipboard so you can paste it somewhere and save it. Bear in mind if you have more than one screen/monitor it will capture both.
How to produce the DxDiag
- If you are running Windows 10, go to the search box in your TaskBar.
- Type DxDiag and select the first option.
- If it's the first time you are opening this file, there will be a pop-up window, click Yes
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
- Click Save all information in the bottom right part of the window.
- A "Save As" window should open.
- Click Save. (The file should be saved to your desktop as DxDiag.txt)
- Exit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. The resulting file that you have saved is the one you have to provide.
How to get the Tiger logs
Go to: C:/Users/[Username]/AppData*/Local/Tiger/Saved/Logs
*AppData is usually a hidden folder. Make sure you see them through Explorer > View > Hidden Folders. More info on how to view hidden folders here.
How to get the INTL logs
Go to: C:/ProgramData*/INTL/Log
*ProgramData is usually a hidden folder. Make sure you see them through Explorer > View > Hidden Folders. More info on how to view hidden folders here.