What is SYS 00000004?
This error may appear after opening Bloodhunt if you are connecting to the game from one of the following countries or regions: The Crimea Region of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea and Syria.
The following message will appear - “Login error - There was a problem connecting to the online system”
What can I do to solve this?
Sharkmob is using Google Cloud for our servers. Google is based in the United States and has to comply with US embargo laws, which prohibit all transactions (including imports and exports) without a license authorisation and connections to our Google Clouds are therefore prohibited.
Here’s a tip:
- An easy way to check if you have access to the game is to open the page Google Cloud Ping.
- If the page does not load, this means you do not have access to the server.
The page is loading and I am not connecting from any of the countries listed above. What now?
There are several solutions you can try that can act as a possible workaround:
1. Restart your router.
Often the simple solution is the best one. Turning your router off for a few seconds and turning it back on will often solve a lot common issues.
2. Connect to your internet via ethernet cable
When playing online games, we always recommend playing from a wired connection instead of your Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi connections are often slower than a wired connection as the signal often need to pass through walls and other electronic devices in your house.
3. Turn off your VPN
Your VPN may signal that you play from locations that have no access to our servers, so make sure to try to turn it off and play the game without it.
4. Change your DNS settings
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click the Ethernet interface and select Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click the Wi-Fi interface and select Properties. (Note: You may see several different connections, but the ones that are not in use, should have a big red X on them. You should configure the ones without the X.)
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
- For IPv4: 18.104.22.168 and/or 22.214.171.124.
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
If you still receive the error and are not connecting from one of the countries mentioned above, we suggest you submit a request to our Player Support for additional assistance.