What is SYS 00000004?
This error may appear after opening Bloodhunt and indicates that there is an issue connecting to the game.
The following message will appear - “Login error - There was a problem connecting to the online system”
How do I solve this?
Sharkmob is using Google Cloud for our servers. Some areas of the world are restricted to access these servers and may therefore prevent you from starting the game.
Here’s a tip:
- An easy way to check if you have access to the game is to open the page Google Cloud Ping.
- If the page does not load, this means you do not have access to the server.
This may be because the country you are connecting from is restricted to access Google Cloud. To get more information on this, we advice you to contact ISP (Internet Service Provider).
If the page is loading and show results from the ping, there are several solutions you can try that can act as a potential fix:
1. Restart your router.
Often the simple solution is the best one. Turning your router off for a few seconds and turning it back on will often solve a lot common issues.
2. Connect to your internet via ethernet cable
When playing online games, we always recommend playing from a wired connection instead of your Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi connections are often slower than a wired connection as the signal often need to pass through walls and other electronic devices in your house.
3. Connect directly to your main router
We have seen this error appear before, where players were connected through several devices before their main router (Ex. Repeaters, switches, etc.). Disconnect from these and plug your network cable straight into the main router.
4. Turn off your VPN
Your VPN may signal that you play from locations that have no access to our servers, so make sure to try to turn it off and play the game without it.
5. Change your DNS settings
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click the Ethernet interface and select Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click the Wi-Fi interface and select Properties. (Note: You may see several different connections, but the ones that are not in use, should have a big red X on them. You should configure the ones without the X.)
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
- For IPv4: 18.104.22.168 and/or 22.214.171.124.
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
For PlayStation 5:
From the Home Screen go to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection > Set Up Manually > Wi-Fi or LAN > Under DNS Settings > Enter Primary DNS as 126.96.36.199 > Enter Secondary DNS as 188.8.131.52
6. Contact your ISP (Internet service provider)
Your internet service provider may be able to see what is happening on their end when you launch the game trying to access our servers and guide you towards a solution.
If you still receive the error and are not connecting from one of the countries mentioned above, we suggest you submit a request to our Player Support for additional assistance.
* Make sure to attach your logs when you contact Player Support and let us know if you have tried the troubleshooting steps above and what the results were.