There are many factors besides internet connection, that can affect your ping in the game.
Here we will help you deal with some of the most frequent causes and how to solve them.
1. Restart your router.
Often the simple solution is the best one. Turning your router off for a few seconds and turning it back on will often solve a lot common issues.
2. Connect to your internet via ethernet cable
When playing online games, we always recommend playing from a wired connection instead of your Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi connections are often slower than a wired connection as the signal often need to pass through walls and other electronic devices in your house.
3. Bring your PC and Wireless router closer together.
If it's not possible to connect to your router using a wired connection as mentioned above, we recommend moving your router as close to your PC as you can.
4. Close down background activity that may consume your bandwidth.
If you have open internet browser like Chrome, Edge or Firefox they may be consuming your bandwidth.
You can easily see which processes are running in your background by accessing Task Manager.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Select one unnecessary process at a time and click the End Process option to close it down.
Note: Only close the processes you are familiar with, like Chrome, Spotify and other applications you know.
5. Limit the number of devices connected to your internet.
Disconnect the devices (mobile phone, TV, other PC's, etc) that you are not currently using and does not need to be connected to the Wi-Fi.
I have tried everything! What now?
If you have tried all of the above and you still experience lagging we recommend contacting your ISP (Internet service provider) and ask them to verify your connection. It may be possible that there is a outage or that you simply have to upgrade your bandwidth.